Garden walk

Garden walk
Here is my almost completed brick walk, 15 cents a brick, from the salvage section of Lehi Block

Monday, May 17, 2010

Killing sod without backpain

Our hedges are suffocating, and there is a lot of digging to do to take out all the sod by hand. BYU recycling bundles and sells their newspapers to an outside company, and though they recommended elementary schools as a good place to get newspaper, the newspaper has colored ink, which has heavy metals in it--not good for the environment.

But DH got us boxes from work when we moved, so I've taken him up on it again. I covered the offensive sod with cardboard, hide the visual offense with grass clippings, and soak.

I figure if it doesn't biodegrade, when the sod is dead, I can run over the remaining cardboard with the lawnmower and make mulch.

No comments:

Post a Comment