Garden walk

Garden walk
Here is my almost completed brick walk, 15 cents a brick, from the salvage section of Lehi Block

Friday, November 4, 2011

Catching Up with Photos




So, I took some photos before the freeze to catch up on what the yard has been doing all summer. Here's the stepping stones down the center of my vegetable garden.

Next we have a video of popping balsam seed pods (yes, the plants have nice flowers, but the fall-popping of seeds is the real reason we keep growing them)

We added bricks to our side path this summer. People were avoiding walking on it, I guess thinking it was a flower bed before. Now it looks official, and the purplish/gray bricks have determined a color scheme, with red shiso and purple alyssum. The bricks were a gift from my husband while I was gone visiting my folks down south. My husband knows the way to my heart is through my garden!

I also grew goya/nigaauori/bitter cucumber this year from the seeds an Okinawan neighbor/friend gave me. We didn't eat it, I just grew it for the novelty. It didn't really get big enough to eat. Okay, I feel guilty, next year I'll eat one (it's the kind of food that you eat because you know it's good for you, not because you crave it).

That's all for the moment! Be back later...

No comments:

Post a Comment